Wednesday 22 April 2015

Critical reflection

When I was first enrolled in ES1102 at the start of this semester, I didn't have high expectations for the module and didn't expect myself to benefit from this “basic” English language module. To make things worse, when I asked my seniors that took this module previous semesters, the responses weren't very positive as well. As a result of my negative perception towards the module, I was rather unwilling when attending my first lesson.

However, at the end of the semester when I reflected about this module, I detected a drastic change in attitude. The change was not a sudden one, it was a rather subconscious change of attitude due to multiple reasons. The greatest thing about this module is that it allows peer evaluation, and this is the reason why I enjoyed this module. By receiving and giving constructive feedbacks, it was really a two-way communication and learning process. The insightful comments given by the tutor and classmates really helped me to help and corrected some of my stubborn mistakes.


At the beginning, I was complaining about the workload of this “Zero MC” module. In actual fact, the workload was very manageable and effective in encouraging us to practice. Having the flexibility of completing assignment at our own pace was really helpful as I was having a busy and stressful semester. The pace of the teaching was also progressive and very specific, which helped me to catch up with my peers. Overall, I am very thankful for ES1102 and what the module has taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment